Saturday, August 17, 2013

Evening clouds

I wanted to paint clouds. After studying the evening clouds for days, I am pretty happy with the clouds. I even signed the painting. But I kept on hating the uneventful foreground. 
 
I digitally modifies the picture on my phone to try put what I was thinking about in PicsArt. I like the focus these dark foreground trees bring to the clouds. I have to say I really like this approach.
Now this is how the painting actually progressed. I used burnt amber, black and pthelo blue mixed in different quantities.
I always have a hard time painting thick foliage. I was using a round number 6 taklon brush initially. But looking at how sparse this was looking, I changed to a round flat-top almost stencil like large brush.
I wasn't going to add any highlights to the foreground and keep the foliage dark. But it was looking flat. So I added some green highlights to it making sure the colors were different from the shoreline greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment