Tuesday, July 9, 2013

P. L. Deshpande park 1

This is based on a picture of P. L. Deshpande park or Okayama friendship garden, a new Japanese style garden in my home town Pune, India by Ajay Adiya.

I really really like this painting. I like the effect of sunlight, I like the rocks, that I have been able to paint for the first time. I like the water and rocks in it. I like the bushes and distant trees and reflection of sun on water.. basically I am excited about this painting!
One thing I learnt was if I am laying down a background color, I better lay it down according to what my final image is gong to be in that area. E.g. The leafy area in the front has brown and dark green as background colors, but while laying down I kept the brush strokes as if I was painting leaves and not just as a random wash. That way I did not have to do too much work while building up the top layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment